Hungarian Ragout Pot Roast
A hearty comfort dish for any autumn or winter meal.
Yield: Serves 8
- 1/4 cup flour
- 4 T Two Snooty Chefs® Hungarian Ragôut Seasoning Blend
- 1/4 C cooking oil
- 4 lbs beef top or bottom round
- 4 C cold beef stock
- 2 bay leaves
- Kosher salt & Two Snooty Chefs® Tellicherry peppercorns (cracked or ground)
- Mix flour and Hungarian Ragout Seasoning Blend.
- Dredge beef in flour mixture.
- Heat oil in large pot and sear beef on all sides.
- Remove beef, add any leftover flour to oil and stir until smooth.
- Place beef back into pot.
- Add bay leaves.
- Optional: Add vegetables such as carrots, turnips, parsnips, Brussels spouts and red potatoes.
- Cover and simmer 2/12 to 3 hours until tender. (Or add to your Instant Pot to significantly reduce cooking times).
- Remove pot roast from pot and keep warm.
- Reduce beef stock by continuing to cook until desired thickness is achieved, and skim off fat.
- Adjust seasonings if needed with kosher salt and Tellicherry peppercorns.