Yield: Serves 4
- 3 sticks unsalted butter (It’s snooty)
- 1/2 C fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp Two Snooty Chefs Salmon Chemisé
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 each egg yolks
- 4 whole wheat English muffins split 2 halves per person
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 8 oz smoked salmon sliced
- 8 whole eggs
- 1/2 C white vinegar
- In a medium-sized saucepan, melt the unsalted butter and remove the white foamy butter solids that float to the top. This will clarify your butter. Then set aside.
- In a heat-resistant bowl, add the lemon juice, Salmon Chemisé, salt, and the egg yolks. Whisk to combine.
- Place the heat-resistant bowl over the pan with simmering water to form a double boiler. Continue whisking.
- Slowly drizzle in the melted butter a little at a time, whisking constantly. As it is absorbed, add a little more until you use all the butter. Set aside in a clean bowl.
- Toast the muffin halves lightly and add the smoked salmon. Split evenly between the muffins and place on 4 plates, 2 per plate. Keep warm in a 250-degree oven.
- Bring a straight-sided shallow pan on the stove filled three fourths full of hot water. Bring to a low simmer and add the vinegar.
- Crack the eggs into the hot simmering water and cook between 1 – 1 1/2 minutes. Remove with the use of a slotted spoon.
- Plate the dishes by bringing out the warm plates on to the work surface. Place a poached egg on each muffin and sauce equally each egg.
- Serve with asparagus (they’re snooty as well) and breakfast potatoes.