Yield: 4 cups
- Egg yolk (8)
- Sugar – 1 3/4 cups
- Whipping Cream – 4 cups
- Dark Chocolate – 4 ounces coarsely chopped
- Two Snooty Chefs Oaxaca Molé – 4 tablespoons
- Vanilla extract – 2 tsp
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- Combine egg yolks with sugar blend until incorporated.
- Scold whipping cream over medium heat.
- *Temper egg yolk and sugar mixture in scolded cream.
- Heat custard mixture in a double boiler over medium heat and stir constantly until mixture coat the back of the spoon.
- Seasons cook custard with chopped chocolate, Oaxaca Molé, Vanilla and Kosher salt. Stir to combine.
- Cool custard until well chilled.
- Place mixture in ice maker and follow manufacturers instructions.
- Tempering: raising the temperature of a cold liquid little by little by slowly stirring in a hot liquid.