Yield: Serves 2
SOUTHWEST SEDONA PRAWNS
- 12 peeled and deveined medium size prawns
- 1/2 pepper of each: green, red & yellow
- 3 T olive oil
- 2 Lime Wedges
- 2 T Two Snooty Chefs Southwest Sedona seasoning
- 1 T fresh chopped cilantro
- In a 12” sauté pan, add 3 T of olive oil.
- Cut each 1/2 Pepper into 2 equal triangles (6 total).
- Add peppers to pan, cook for 1 minute on each side and remove until service.
- Add prawns and sauté for 2 minutes or until done.
- Finish with Sedona seasoning, and stir until prawns are well coated.
- Add more olive oil if needed.
- 3 cups stock fish
- 3/4 cup Arborio rice
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 T olive oil
- 1/2 t Turmeric
- Start with 2 quart sauce pan.
- Add olive oil and Arborio rice and sauté lightly.
- Add 1 cup of stock, bring to boil and simmer until all the stock is gone.
- Add more stock and continue that process until rice is tender.
- Add turmeric and parmesan cheese.
LIME & CILANTRO AIOLI
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 large raw egg yolk (pasteurized)
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 T chopped cilantro
- 1 t lime juice
- To Taste: Kosher salt and white pepper
- In a food processor or blender, combine the garlic, cilantro, egg yolk, salt, pepper, and process to combine.
- With the machine running, add the oil in a slow, steady stream as a thick, creamy emulsion forms.
- Pulse in the lime juice and adjust the seasonings to taste.
- Place Aioli in squeeze bottle.
Plating Southwest Sedona Prawns Dish with Turmeric Risotto & Lime and Cilantro Aioli:
- Divide risotto in the middle of two dinner size plates.
- Spread risotto to cover 6 inches in diameter on each plate.
- Arrange the peppers on three equal sides. Place the bottom of grilled peppers 1 inch under the risotto. Place tips of pepper toward the outer part of the plate.
- Place prawns in the middle of the risotto. Arrange 3 prawns, then 2 and 1, so they are stacked.
- Squeeze Lime/Cilantro Aioli over the entrée.
- Serve w/ lime wedge and dusted with fresh chopped cilantro.